Enterprise and Supplier Development in South Africa
Enterprise and Supplier Development in South Africa is primarily aimed at making sure that companies, as far as it is possible, procure their goods and services from black-owned and managed businesses. Supplier Development has the aim of ensuring that companies procure from small, black-owned businesses, while Enterprise Development seeks to assist these companies to grow their businesses so that they can play a meaningful role in the economy.
Invest your Enterprise and Supplier Development funds in small township businesses
The Wot-If? Trust is committed to facilitating genuine transformation by assisting targeted township entrepreneurs to access and participate in the economy. The resources and training we provide aim to level the playing field for township entrepreneurs so that they are able to compete in their respective industries. This means access to markets and sustainable income. We partner with like-minded organisations who want to invest their Enterprise and Supplier Development funds into programmes and small enterprises that are compliant with the B-BBEE Codes. Sustainable, substantial and meaningful development is what we care about!
In Diepsloot, more than 80 emerging and small businesses make use of the facilities and services we offer. These include:
- Open, collaborative, shared workspaces
- Access to computers and the internet
- Photocopying, scanning, printing
- Meeting spaces
- Training and development (master classes, workshops and other learning interventions)
- Coaching and mentoring
- Branding and positioning (logos, websites, business cards, business profiles)
- Access to industry events and networking opportunities
- Support of initiatives and activities that give these businesses access to markets
- Procuring products and services from these businesses
- Short term bridging loans where there is proof of a contract or confirmed (and verified) purchase order
We support a number of businesses is in the tech and creative industries, which ensure maximum points on the BEE Scorecard for contributions that need to comply with the ICT and MAC Charters.